Monday, June 30, 2014

A New Companion in Durres

So I don't have a ton of time so this one might be kind of short, and
I can't upload photos on this computer!

This week I met Elder Rasband! He is from Utah. Funny enough I have
heard about him before. I have been on splits with his cousin in
Canada! Hahah. Right before I took off you might remember Elder Hascal
who was serving in Coaldale. He was a bit shorter than me with curly
hair. He has eaten at our house before. Kinda funny. He told me about
Elder Rasband because he was pretty sure we were going to the same
place. Elder Rasband is a great guy. He graduated 2013 as well. He is
ready to work so that is great.

This week we dove into the area. We have one current investigator. Her
name is B. She is 19. She is a referral from a girl who will be
leaving on her own mission at the end of this month. Referrals are
really cool! We hope B can be baptised before her friend leaves,
but she didn't come to church yesterday so we will have to come down
on that a little bit haha. She has been meeting with missionaries for
4 months on and off.

We had a really fun ward party this week. They had some activites to
get ward members involved. I figure there were around 50 people there.
They had a couple minute to win it type deal things, as well as some
question and answer stuff. It was a lot of fun for all ages. We had
Cookies and juice.

A is doing fantastic! However, he did not get baptised. It is
kind of a long story, but in order to stay on good terms with the
Bishop it had to be called off. He will still be baptised eventually.
He is off tobacco. Amazing. Elder Gray will continue to meet with him
until he gets baptised. He continues to come to church.

It is getting pretty hot here! I like it though.

Our new mission pres should be here now. They have a big new vision
for Durrës. We hope to see it grow as we prepare for a second stake in
the not too distant future!

I am loving it out here! Have a great week!

Take Buddy on lots of walks!


Love Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment