Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week 7 at the MTC

The week has been excellent! Thanks you so much for all of the letters and packages! I really appreciate All of the ones from family, extended family, and friends! It sounds like many of you are gearing up for Christmas! From What I can see it looks and sounds great! Good luck with the last couple days of school! 

Things here are going oh so well! Like I said I really am feeling a ton of support from home! I wish I could thank you all individually, but I just don't have time. You have all been so great! The one specific mention I wanted to make was the Henderson Ward Primary! Nice work I loved the notes and the pictures, as I am sure the other Elders did as well! I have multiple packages sitting on the desk in my room waiting for dec 25, and I have a few Christmas cards and pictures sitting open up there.

This week our Zone said goodbye to 13 excellent Elders and Sisters headed to Finland! They were all really great, and we got to become really close friends very fast! I am sure they will do excellent! Mandy Koegler also took off this week! On the flip side Michael Koegler, Carter Francis, and a new group of Finish Elders arrived this week! I had the opportunity to see Carter come in, and i got to host Michael! It was great to see them! Apparently Michael and Hayden had some trouble in the Calgary airport, and they both lost their luggage! Michael figures his should be here right away, but I don't know about Hayden. I hope things are going well for him in Peru! Maybe he will see me in thew choir during one of the live Apostle devotionals that are streamed to MTC's around the world! I see Andrew now and again! He looks like he is doing very well! It is great to spend Christmas in the MTC with a couple of friends. 

This last week the BYU Mens chorus were our Sunday Devotional! They did a fantastic job. I could see Kieran scanning the crowd after very song! I knew he couldn't see me. At the end as everone was leaving I gave him a big wave and a thumbs up!He saw me and waved with a thumbs up back! He was clearly excited, and I was very excited to get his attention!

This week the plague hit our district, and people have been dropping like flies to some unknown cold. My companion and I remain the only companionship to have attended all classes this week. I got some kind of painful throat and ear something on Sunday. I've been popping Advil Cold and Sinus Pills that Dad gave me. They keep the pain away. My ears don't hurt, and I can swallow. I went in to the clinic last night to make sure it isn't something actually bad. if i'm sick I can't go to Albania. Anyway it was weird going to  the doctor!! I havent done that... like ever! The doctor was nice enough. He told me that it should be gone in the next week and a half. i don't know what that means, but I'm ok with that! 

Tonight we start our "Concecration Week." It is a thing they do here at the MTC. We go completely without English for the Week before we leave. Its going to be sweet!I'm wicked pumped. Everyone has to speak Albanian! It should be good, and challenging, but awesome!

Personal Study and gym and choir remain the best parts of the MTC! Matt I'm a lights out shooter in Bball so you better watch your back!!

Good luck with Christmas! I hope you al have a wonderful time! As far as I know my email time is still on Thursday, so I will talk to you on Christmas Eve. If you happento be by the computer we can have a bit of a conversation. I can't call on Christmas due to the sheer number of Elder and Sisters here. We hosted 800 new ones yesterday! I will call you from the airport! The Christmas tree looked great at home! Lots of snow, great igloo! Basketball sounds like it is going well! Have a great time! I hope you get my Christmas package! I sent it to the house! Its not much, bu tit is something!

Take Buddy on Walks! Have a very Merry Christmas! I am loving it here at the MTC, and am looking forward to Christmas here!

Love Elder Stewart


Parker and cousin, Elder Andrew Gillis. Andrew arrived Dec 11 and is heading to Hong Kong.

Parker's Zone in front of the temple. Looks a little snowy!

The Finnish Elders. They have obviously been a key part of the MTC experience for Parker.

Mail that arrived for Elder Stewart all on Monday Dec 16! No wonder he says he feels well supported. That's awesome!

The doctor's office. His first experience in one as a patient at the age of 18... :)

Elder Stewart and Elder Koegler. Elder Koegler arrived Dec 18 and will be going to Jamaica.  It's amazing that they saw each other so soon as Parker welcomed Michael there.

This is a sister that Parker and Matt met while in Mongolia and she went on splits with AnneE. International connections!

The Christmas lights at the MTC!

3 comments:

  1. Test. I wanted to see how the comment section worked. Feel free to add one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karri, Parker looks so good. It's wonderful that we have the technology to be able to keep up to date so quickly. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea they did lights like that on the MTC grounds. I love Christmas lights. Lucky Parker! Cute mail pic. and of course, kinda partial to the him and Andrew one too :)

    ReplyDelete